Jump to Category Listing
Lismore Cathedral Stones - 1. Introduction
A collection of stones which are located in the West end of the nave of Lismore Cathedral. The Archaelogical Inventory of Co. Waterford notes (P.186) : The graveslabs were found in the early 19th century when the cathedral tower was being built and each inscription is written using the Latin alphabet.
The CISP Project database, University College London states that the Caryatid's (Stone 2) history was unrecorded : Macalister/1949, 107: ` the history of the...stone does not seem to be recorded'.
Site Version : Graphical | Text Only